Friday, January 15, 2010

Where does a bumpy ridge running the length of my finger nail mean health wise?

About two years ago I noticed a small line or bumpy ridge growing the length of one of my finger nails. I've seen older people's finger nails look like this. What does it mean. Is there a vitamin deficiency? What? I'm an otherwise healthy 33-year old man.Where does a bumpy ridge running the length of my finger nail mean health wise?
Nail textures: Vertical ridges that appear on the nail can indicate disorders as simple as iron deficiency, poor absorption of vitamins and nutrients, overall poor health or they could indicate something as serious as kidney trouble. (So, you see why consulting your physician is so important.) These vertical ridges, as well as bumpy nails, can also suggest that one is prone to developing arthritis. Ridges running horizontally across the nail can indicate physical or mental stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment