Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When I look at my nails from the side (sideways), I see ridges. The nail is not smooth, but in ridges. normal

like, it looks like my nail is formed from segments instead of one smooth nail.When I look at my nails from the side (sideways), I see ridges. The nail is not smooth, but in ridges. normal
Buff your nails so it looks even.When I look at my nails from the side (sideways), I see ridges. The nail is not smooth, but in ridges. normal
A lot of it comes from the dryness and damage of your nail beds. Make sure you are staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Get a nail buffer and smooth them out and then apply some nail strengthener on there a couple of times a day. And make sure you keep your hands and cuticles hydrated too by keeping lotion or vaseline (which is better) on there.
rub vaseline into your nails a few times daily. this should help to smooth them. (that's what my dermatologist told me a few years ago and it worked!)
did you ever have acrylic nails? when you get your nails done at the nail shop they use that stupid electric nail filer before they glue on the nail. it damages the nail bed and will sometimes create permanant ridges.
ITS COMPLETLY NORMAL! DONT WORRY! my friend died a few monthes ago and this happend to me! its usually caused my stress and can happen weeks even months after stress related situations! i have them in my thumbs and my toe nails and they will stay there until they grow out! no biggie!
That is actually how everybody's nails look. Nails are basically a deposit of dead skin cells. These dead skin cells are not deposited perfectly even, which results in the ridges you see.
this usually happens with age look at old womens nails
As a licensed manicurist, I would highly recommend that you purchase a two or three way buffer. The rough side should be used first and then the other side will be smoother, which will add a shine. These buffers may be purchased a Sally's Beauty Supply, pharmacies and discount stores.





After you have smoothed the ridges in your nails, I would suggest in purchasing a clear nail polish for dry, brittle nails. This polish will add moisture back into your nails and allow them to grow out and look more healthy. I would recommend using a product from Sally Henson, which is found at pharmacies and/or discount stores.





Your cuticles are very important. Burt's Bees lemon oil cuticle wax is excellent for moisturizing cuticles.
Try evening it out with a nail filer.
  • cream treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment