Friday, January 15, 2010

What causes ridges on nails?

I hear it's from calcium deficiency but I live off of dairy, tons of yogurt, milk, and cheese. I also take a lot of vitamins daily (multi, etc), so there is nothing I should be deficient in. Any other possibilities?What causes ridges on nails?
The ridges on your nails are caused by damage to the nail when it is being made which is just underneath the skin next to your nail.





The sign of calcium deficiency is little white marks on your nails and these also appear when the nail is being made.





Hope this helps





What causes ridges on nails?
I suffer from eczema and dermatitus randomly throughout the year which causes my nails to get ridges otherwise i've heard its a sign of age :x
  • cream treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment