Friday, January 15, 2010

My nails have ridges and are pitted a bit - what gives?

They used to be healthy and smooth - now I can't help but notce they look like the surfave f the moon - all uneven and pitted and rough. What does this mean? My diet is the same as it's always been and I don't smoke.My nails have ridges and are pitted a bit - what gives?
Mayo Clinic says may be from Heredity, and are harmless. But with your history, (nails being smooth before) I would check with your Doctor, sometimes caused by deficiency of vitamin B. Also sometime patients with RA get ridged nails. Rheumatoid arthritis


You know when Doctors see a new patient, they shake hands, checking for dry skin, check nails, while they are checking ears, nose, eyes. A good doctor checks the details.My nails have ridges and are pitted a bit - what gives?
Apply a small amount of coconut or any other vegetable oil to the fingernail. Massage the oil into the nail. This should be done 3 to 4 times a day and will also improve blood circulation.More cheap and natural remedies for nail care at the link below.
You could have injured the nail bed months ago, and the damage is just now showing up. Another possibility is that you could have a nail fungus--easy to get and hard to get rid of. Check with you doctor to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment