Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have ridges on my nails is there anything i can do to get them back to normal?

If you push back your cuticle and can still see the ridge then there is trauma to the nail root back behind the bed and there is nothing you can do but wait a few years to see if it evens out. A lot of times it will within 2-5 years.


Sorry.I have ridges on my nails is there anything i can do to get them back to normal?
I have the same problem. I know it's only a cosmetic, but get a nail buffer. I get mine at Walmart for around a dollar. They have different sides that can remove the ridges and then get it to a nice shine. Once your nails grow out more, just go over them again.I have ridges on my nails is there anything i can do to get them back to normal?
Buff them with a nail buffer (smooth on one side, a little rough on the other).
I would recommend a product on QVC called T.I.P.S.


It's a treatment you apply to you nails and it last's for a long time. Great for the cuticles too, which is where your nail grows from. It will also strengthen your nails, and they will be much healthier. You can find all the information you need for it on QVC.com
Many times, the nails can be indicators of underlying health issues. You may have a vitamin deficiency such as iron or calcium. I also have ridges in my nails but now that I've started taking iron pills, they're going away. Also, my grandmother had them and so does my mother. It may be worthwhile to mention it to your doctor.
buff and polish... for immediate results, anyway. ridges often mean some kind of mineral/protein deficiency - it's been a while since my high school cosmetology course, though, so I don't remember what they told me too keep an eye on if I were giving someone a manicure, nevermind what to suggest as remedies!

No comments:

Post a Comment