Friday, January 15, 2010

I have an indentation in my nail bed on my pointer finger. The dent is next to a vertical ridge. What's this?

The dent is about1/4 of an inch and oval shaped and is located in the area of the top left (as I am looking at my nail) corner next to my cuticle. A definite vertical ridge is forming. Would someone please tell me what is wrong with my fingernail? By the way, the rest of my nail and nail bed look perfectly normal; however, this dent and ridge thing is totally new to me. Please advise me on what to do now.I have an indentation in my nail bed on my pointer finger. The dent is next to a vertical ridge. What's this?
Camoflauge it with nail polish so people dont think youre a freak.I have an indentation in my nail bed on my pointer finger. The dent is next to a vertical ridge. What's this?
I have one of those too on my index finger. I have one too on my middle finger. My dermatologist said the only thing you can do is just let your nail grow out and when it grows in new it won't have it. I was very, very patient as it took a few years for it to go away. I was so happy when it finally did. But recently I have the dent again :( So, good luck, you might just have to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment