Friday, January 15, 2010

I am male, 60, and often wonder why my finger nails have ridges? Something too much in my diet? Or too little?

Vertical ridges are normal. They are no big deal.





However, horizontal ridges can be serious.Horizontal lines are associated with albumin deficiency (as is kidney disease, and liver and severe malnutrition), but also seen in chemotherapy. They seem to be a simple interruption of pigmentation. Horizontal lines of darkened cells and linear depressions may be associated with traumas, acute severe illness, malnutrition, major metabolic condition, chemotherapy or other damaging event, and is the result of any interruption in the protein formation of the nail plate.I am male, 60, and often wonder why my finger nails have ridges? Something too much in my diet? Or too little?
i have heard that it has to do with heart problems. i dont know for sure.I am male, 60, and often wonder why my finger nails have ridges? Something too much in my diet? Or too little?
no there is not really much you can do about them except buff them out with a nail buffer, they are called furrows
finger nails can be a very good indication that something is going on in your system, diet is one, ridges appear after illness and injury. and sometimes they are just part of you...


a good moisturizer can help nourish the nails but ultimately you need to look at your diet and make sure you are getting all the nutrition you need to repair and rebuild your cells.
It's because of your age that your nails are getting these ridges.





As you get older you get these longitudinal ridges on your finger and toe nails form because your nails begin to grow slower and because you have a decrease of peripheral circulation to your fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment